Outdoor Learning (Forest School)
Forest School Ethos
At Goodyers End Primary School we aim to give the children an educational experience that aims to develop confidence and self esteem and motivate learners through hands on learning experiences in a woodland environment.
In Year 3 Children will take part in a wide variety of motivating and achievable tasks and activities throughout the year and in almost all weathers.
Children will work with tools, play, learn boundaries both physical and social, grow in confidence and self esteem by accomplishing small achievable tasks which will expand and enhance the curriculum.
We are extremely proud to showcase our Forest School. We are the only locally registered Forest School in the area and love the fact that we are able to incorporate outdoor learning as part of our curriculum.
Forest School encourages children to:
- Develop personal & social skills
- Work through practical problems & challenges
- Use tools to create, build or manage
- Discover their best way of learning
- Pursue their interests
- Build confidence in risk taking & decision making
- Develop practical skills
- Explore connections in nature
- Experience achievement, success & failure
- Reflect on learning experiences
- Develop language & communication
- Develop physical motor skills
- Develop motivation
- Develop concentration
Leave the site as nature intended it to look