Mental Health & Wellbeing
At Goodyers End Primary School, we care about your child/children beyond their academic abilities within the classroom and value each child as an individual whilst appreciating the ups and downs of life they each face.
The emotional health and wellbeing of your child is extremely important to us; we want all children that come to our school to be happy and content and to achieve their full potential in life.
We are able to offer a variety of different interventions and support for both you and your children.
We offer differing levels of support:
Universal - To meet the needs of ALL our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For example Growth Mindset and a Restorative Approach to Supporting Behaviour.
Additional - For pupils who may have short-term needs and those who have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted - For pupils who require long-term support and ongoing mentoring
Some of the specific interventions we are able to offer include:
- Emotion Coaching - the practice of tuning into children's feelings and helping them learn to cope with and self-regulate, negative emotions such as fear, anger and sadness.
- Drawing & Talking - a gentle non-intrusive method of working with children who need a little help to support their emotional and learning needs.
- Time to Talk - giving children the sometimes, much needed opportunity to talk, in a safe environment, about anything that might be concerning them.
- Relax Kids - fun and creative sessions that help children become more resilient and improve their emotions.
- Education Mental Health Practitioners (EMHPs) - through the Mental Health in School Team (MHST) who can provide specialist support for pupils' mental health.
RISE Mental Health in Schools Team
As mentioned above we work with RISE MHST and as part of that they send us 'Tips for Wellness' each week. Why not have a look at the PDFs below and try out the activities at home with your child(ren).